Friday, January 2, 2009

Morning update

Zach's mom reported in at 11:20 a.m. this morning. Zach was in surgery this morning and was not yet out. The stomach incision they made yesterday has been left open so they don't have to keep re-opening him. They went in again this morning to clean/wash out the wound.

Today, the doctor said there are still some serious issues with Zach's colon, his splein, and one of his kidneys.

Zach's mom also reported that she and Greg had managed to get some sleep last night which had helped them out a lot, and had even managed to grab a shower this morning. Zach's family is very grateful for all the neighbors and friends who have been rallying around them and are helping to take care of their other kids.

5 comments:

  1. I love you Zach, My Fast and Prayers are with you. I know you'll pull through Strong!

    Trevor,

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Young Men and Women of the Granite Ridge Ward are holding a special Fast for Zach beginning by meeting at the Church on Saturday, Jan 3rd at 1PM and concluding with a prayer at the end of our Sunday meetings in the Young Women's room of the Church at noon. Anyone that would like is invited to join with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Nancy and Greg,
    You are going through one of my very worst nighmares! I even told my kids, on New Year's Eve night, "please be home right after midnight -- the roads aren't safe"!(But of course they didn't listen to me!) I do happen to know all about kids and long hospital stays (thanks to Kevin). Could I watch your children this weekend? I would love to have Harrison and Mikela over anytime on Saturday or Sunday! Just let me know! Also, I would love to help with food ASAP! I'm going to join the YM's/YW's fast. Love you guys!
    -Shannon Cloward-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our thoughts and prayers are with you Zach and your family. We love you! The Hendrycks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey zach i hope you feel better. the prayers of your family and the ward are all directed to you. zach at this time we hope you feel the love and compassion that we all have toward you. NEVER GIVE UP.

    Your friend Andrew Paulson

    ReplyDelete